50+ Activity Center
50+ ACTIVITY CENTER
The Peachland Fifty Plus Activity Centre (formerly called the Senior Citizens’ Activity Centre) is a municipally owned building operated by the Peachland & District Retirement Society. Built in 1976, it soon became too small and a large addition with a stage and new kitchen was added several years later The hall with its capacity of 235 people is a popular place for banquets, parties, teas and just about any kind of celebration.
Many activities take place here, the only requirement for joining is to be fifty years of age or older, and our members do range in age from 50 to 95! Physical exercise of the not too strenuous kind can be had by joining:
- the carpet bowlers,
- the Tai Chi class or the Iron & Silk class;
- if you really want to get moving, try the Aerobics classes.
- Chess, quilting and wood carving are quieter pastimes held once a week,
- and of course Bingo can be quiet or noisy as you like it!
- If food or alcohol is causing you problems, AA and TOPS may be of some help.
- Peachland’s choir, The Variety Singers, meet Monday mornings and always welcomes new voices.
- There are also yoga classes 3x per week
- Bridge is on Monday and Wednesday afternoons.
- Peachland Strummers - learn to play the ukulele.
- Clog dancing once a week.
- Potluck dinners with entertainment are held on the 4th Friday of each month except July, August & December,
- Robert Burns Night every January.
- Pancake Breakfasts for the whole community are held 3 times a year, usually on holiday weekends. Pancake price for ages 5-12 is $3, adults $6, under 5yrs are free.
New members welcome, membership dues are $20 annually and entitle you to attend any of the scheduled activities. Come join us! Email: CONTACT US
New Board for 2015-16 are: Carmine Confalone, Pat Grieve, Beryl McNeill, Linda Norden, Pat Sell, Carol White, Sue VanNoortwyk, Cherie Anderson and Valerie MacGillvray.