You may require other approvals before your business license can be approved. BizPal is a online tool that can be used to determine additional requirements that may be necessary for your business. For more information on Bizpal and to access the system please click here.



Your proposed business location must meet the land use provisions of the District of Peachland Zoning Bylaw.

It is important to note that there are three different types of home based business as found within Zoning Bylaw No. 1375 Section 4 General Provisions these include:

  • Type I (Major Home Occupations)
  • Type II (Minor Home Occupations)
  • Type III (Rural Home Occupations)
  • For more information regarding land use provisions and home based business types please consult Zoning Bylaw No.1375 or contact the Planning and Development Services Department. Development Permit

    Where renovations or façade improvements may be required and the proposed business is located within a Development Permit Area a Development Permit will be required.

    For more information regarding Development Permit Areas please consult Official Community Plan Bylaw No.1600 or contact the Planning and Development Services Department.


    Staff from the Planning and Development Service Department will review your application and may conduct a site visit of the property. A Building Permit or special inspection may be required to authorize and/or inspect for BC Building Code and Zoning Bylaw requirements.

    For more information regarding building requirements please consult Building Bylaw No. 1574 or contact the Planning and Development Services Department.


    Before your business license can be issued, you may be required to submit proof of approvals from the Police, Fire, Health or other relevant agencies.

    Interior Health Authority - Inspection and approval from the Interior Health Authority may be required before a license can be approved.

    Fire - Some businesses may require inspection of the premises by the Peachland Fire Department before a license can be issued.

    Police - If police approval is required, you will need to contact the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP).

    Liquor Control and Licensing Branch- If a business is going to serve alcohol a Liquor License is required.