Zoning Bylaw and Secondary Suite & Garden Suite
Date: Thursday, May 19th 2016
Time: Drop by any time from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
You are invited to an Open House to understand and provide input on proposed changes to the District of Peachland Zoning Bylaw.
View the Draft Bylaw here: Draft Zoning Bylaw 2100
You can also find out about the proposed zoning regulations for Secondary Suites and Garden Suites.
Some of the key proposed changes to the zoning bylaw include:
- Allowing Secondary Suites (a suite in a house, such as a basement suite) in Agricultural and Residential zones.
- Allowing Garden Suites (a suite in a separate building, such as in an accessory building or above a garage, on the same lot as a house) in Residential zones.
- Allowing up to four units of Bed and Breakfast accommodation as long as each unit of accommodation is provided parking and appropriate screening.
- Adding Urban Agriculture - Apiculture “Bee Keeping” to in A-1 Agriculture Zone and RR-1, RR-2 Rural Residential Zones.
- Updating Parking regulations.
- Modernizing Definitions and Language.
- Streamlining formatting with tables and graphics.
- Amending Agricultural and Rural Zones to reflect the Agricultural Land Commission Act and regulations. All properties greater than .8 hectares (2 acres) in size designated as Provincial Agricultural Land Reserve (ALR) will be zoned A-1 Zone. All properties formerly zoned A-1 that are NOT within the ALR will be zoned A-2 Rural Zone.
- Amending C-2 Commercial Zone to accommodate the possibility of density bonuses described in the existing Official Community Plan.
What didn’t change?
- Most Zoning designations
- Zone fundamentals
- Comprehensive Development Zones
- Most general regulations
Contact: District of Peachland Planning & Development Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or (250) 767-3705Go Back