WASTE COLLECTION PROGRAM
AUTOMATIC COLLECTION PROGRAM
To change the size of your garbage or recycling cart, or add another Yard Waste Cart, click here for the form.
Waste Cart Change Request
Mail or drop off the form to the Municipal Office at 5806 Beach Ave, Peachland, BC V0H 1X7. The form will then be forwarded to the Garbage Pickup Contractor who will contact you to schedule the exchange of your garbage or recycling cart.
The cost to acquire an additional 360 litre Yard Waste Cart and Bi-weekly service, between the months of March and November is $30 per year, plus a one-time fee of $55.00 to cover the capital expense. A 2nd one-time fee of $25 will be charged to the owner if they have already used their free cart change-out
For residents that have an excess of yard waste and who prefer to not acquire an additional cart, yard waste can be dropped off year round at either the Westside Transfer Station or Glenmore Landfill in the yard waste pile free of charge (up to 250 kg).
For more information see also Environment/Yard Waste
If you have any questions about automated collection, please call the Regional Waste Reduction Office anytime, 250-469-6250 or .
WINTER PLACEMENT OF COLLECTION CARTS
In winter months, it may be necessary to alter the regular placement of your carts to ensure the collection vehicle can reach them.
- Find or clear an unobstructed site to put your carts out for collection. (Please note: It is the responsibility of the resident to clear appropriate space at the curb/roadway in front of their property for placement of carts.)
- Put carts as close as possible to the street, without obstructing the street, sidewalk or bike lane. (Often placing your carts on either side of your driveway allows for greater ease for the collection trucks and for you.)
- Keep carts off the travelled portion of the roadway so as not to interfere with snow plows- do not place carts in a location where the snow plow will hit them.
- The cart should be no closer than three feet from any obstacle, parked car, or other cart - an armís length spacing is required between each cart. (When considering cart placement, itís important to note the automated arm on the collection truck can only reach a maximum of eight feet from the truck, and up to one foot off the ground.)
- Do not place carts behind or on top of snow banks.
- Please have your carts out for collection by 7 a.m. (Avoid placing your carts out the night before collection and bring them away from the road as soon as possible, to avoid interfering with snow plows often working in the very late and early morning hours to clear our roadways.)
- Clear your cart of snow and ice to ensure the lid opens when cart is tipped.