PEACHLAND HALF MARATHON AND SPRING 10K
Watch for Details December 2013
Choose the Half Marathon Run or Walk, or the 10k Run or Walk. The Half Marathon course consists of a scenic two loop (21.1k) or a scenic one loop (10k)course. Not sure which one is right for you? Those registered in either of the runs may walk for periods of time as they wish, however those registered in the walks may not run.
THE RACE ROUTE
- The route starts from the Peachland Yacht Club parking area, proceeds north on Beach Avenue, staying on the lakeside. Right on Buchanan to Robinson Place Cul de sac turn around, and follows Buchanan Road back to the far south end turn around. The course follows back along Buchanan turning right onto Beach Avenue,
- Turn right onto 14th St, Right onto Lake Avenue looping back to 14th and returning to Beach Avenue.
- Right onto Beach. Staying on the lakeside, the 10k would finish at the Peachland Yacht Club Parking area. The Half Marathon continues on for approximately 1 kilometer to the Heritage Park turnaround, then returns back to the PYC parking lot to start the second loop. The Half Marathon would complete the second loop and finish at the PYC parking lot.
- The course is mainly flat, with hills mid course for both loops (as it follows uphill on Beach to Buchanan Road and return to the far south end of Buchanan.
- Half marathon registration fee includes a race jersey(mens/ladies sizing) for registrations received before Apr. 15th. After that date, shirts are not guaranteed.
- Race jerseys for 10k participants is optional. Cost is $20.
- All participants are invited to stay for post race refreshments and award ceremony. Recogition for the top 3 in each age/ race category.
- Check in and Race start times are staggered based on the walk or run options. Please see below
- There are three water stations on the course. Water Station # 1 located across from Todd's washroom, approx 2k from start, Water Station #2 is in the cul de sac at Robinson Place, approximately half way through the first loop. Water Station#3 is located at the finish line. All water stations are visited both out and back for rehydrating. Half Marathoner's would visit them again on the second loop
- Gatorade available at the Robinson Place water station and finish line.
- Washrooms available at the community centre, race start/finish and at Todd Water Station.
Peachland Half Marathon
Peachland Spring 10 K
RACE CHECK IN AND RACE START
- Check in 7:00am-7:30 am, Race start 7:45am
- Check In 6:45-7:00am, Race start 7:15am
- Check in 8-9am, Race start 9:30am
- Check in 8-9am, Race start 9:15am
LOCATION: Check In at the Peachland Community Centre. Race start and finish line is at the Peachland Yacht Club Parking lot.
ABOUT THE ROUTE
Half Marathon Route Map
- Register on-line:
- Register by mail: Peachland Recreation Department, 4450 - 6th St, Peachland, BC V0H 1X6
- Register in person:
- Register by Fax: 250.767.9597
- Register by Phone: 250.767.2133
Call the Recreation Center at 250.767.2133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Race Results 2013
Race Results from Previous Years
"Hi, thanks for a great race on Sunday. It was fantastic to run in such a beautiful location. I thoroughly enjoyed the race and the race support."