SPIRIT OF PEACHLAND CIVIC AWARDS
Click Here for Nomination Form
Each year, outstanding residents are recognized for their service through the “Spirit of Peachland Civic Awards”.
Nominations will be accepted until 12 noon on Friday, March 15, 2013 for the following awards recognizing achievements or actions from 2012:
Peachland Excellence Awards: A Peachland resident, youth and/or group who gave significant service or had a significant achievement in a specific category during the past year. Categories include but are not restricted to: Arts, Culture, Sports, Recreation, Heritage, Environment & Conservation, Community Inclusion or Accessibility, Volunteerism, Leadership, Health Promotion, and Community Spirit. Other categories can be created by the nominee but will be judged by the committee as to their merit.
Unsung Hero: An individual whose everyday actions and quiet efforts have made a significant impact on the lives of others.
Lifetime Service: Peachland resident or group, in recognition of a minimum of 15 years dedicated service to the community.
Youth Citizen of the Year: A School age youth who demonstrates outstanding leadership or makes a significant contributions to youth and/or the community.
Citizen of the Year: A Peachland resident making the greatest contribution to the improvement of the community.
How To Nominate
Review the nomination categories and complete the nomination form Click Here
Write a nomination letter providing details to support the nomination (i.e.: Consider the individuals role or contribution; their talents or unique gifts; and/or their impact in the community or on a special population in 2012)
Provide 1-3 letters of support
Total package not to exceed 8 pages (8.5x11 paper format)
Completed packages can be returned:
-by email to Executive Assistant
-to the District Office (5806 Beach Ave)
-to the Community Centre (4450 6th Street)
Application deadline is Friday, March 15, 2013 at 12 noon.
Selections will be based on the nominee’s achievements and contributions for the year of 2012
OTHER MUNICIPAL AWARDS
Upon request, the following municipal awards are also presented at the Civic Awards Ceremony:
Wedding Anniversary: Awarded upon request, to Peachland Residents celebrating their 50, 60 or 70th Wedding Anniversary.
Freedom of the Municipality: Granted upon request to Peachland Residents who have reached their 100th birthday or to residents who have lived in Peachland for more than 75 years.
How To Submit for Recognition
Submit the person(s) name, address, phone number to:
-the District Office (5806 Beach Ave) or the Community Centre (4540 6th Street)
-email the Recreation Coordinator
MAYOR & COUNCIL AWARDS
The following awards are selected by Mayor and Council
Councillors Award of Merit
Any person or group, local or otherwise, making a significant contribution to our community, as decided by the District Councillors.
Mayors Award of Merit
Any person or group, local or otherwise, making a significant contribution to our community, as decided by the Mayor.
2012 CIVIC AWARDS
2011 CIVIC AWARDS
- Excellence in Community Spirit - Wayne Power
- Excellence in Community Service - Peachland Ambassadors
- Excellence in Historical Preservation - Don Wigfield
- Excellence in Sports Leadership - John Wardley
- Excellence in the Arts - Deborah Livingstone
- Excellence in Leadership - Alice Mumm
- Excellence in Volunteerism - Julie Mearns
- Lifetime Service - Mabel Sorenson
- Unsung Hero - Roy Butterworth
- Councillors' Award of Merit - Jean Fraser
- Mayors Award of Merit - Don Wilson
- Youth Citizen of the Year - Lauren Boorman
- Citizen of the Year - Chris Scowen
2010 CIVIC AWARDS
- Wedding Anniversaries - Margaret & Ted Sinclair (50 yrs Dec 15), Jean and Al Fraser (60 yrs, Dec 1)
- Christmas Lighting – Peachland Fire and Rescue
- Youth Achievement – Zoe Moshansky, Erika Park, Shelagh Sarsons
- Community Builders – Little Schoolhouse, Doug Armitage, Jean Saul
- Meritorious Service – Brenda Moshansky
- Councillors Award of Merit – Rob Campbell
- Mayor’s Award of Merit – Bob Sugden
- Freedom of the Municipality – Earl Sutherland, The Topham Family
- Citizens of the Year – Martha Jenkins
2009 CIVIC AWARDS
- Christmas Lighting – Residential – Deborah & Samuel Derksen
- Water Conservation Landscaping – Nahid Gordon and Liz & Dale Zimmerman
- Youth Achievement – Portia Conner
- Community Builders – Lynne Herrin
- Meritorious Service – Centennial Committee and Communities in Bloom Committee
- Councillors Award of Merit – Chris Byrd
- Mayor’s Award of Merit – Darlene Hartford
- Freedom of the Municipality – Helen Mclaughan, Sarah Todd, Stella Vaughan-Birch
- Citizens of the Year – Donna and Eldon Kerbes