***All classes are subject to cancellation due to insufficient registration, instructor availability, inclement weather or non-availability of facilities. Please call 250-767-2133 to avoid disappointment. Registration is now open for all Winter programs. Winter registration begins online on December 6 and in person on December 9.
RECREATION PROGRAM SURVEY
The Peachland Recreation Department is seaking feedback on our recreation programs. If you have participated in our programs in the last 6 months, please tell us how we are doing!
Winter 2014 Program Highlights
We have a variety of new and exciting programs and activities to you get active this winter:
- Belly Dancing with Get Bent Arts and Recreation - starting January 14
- Floor Hockey - starting January 9
- Cooking with Patricia - explore the exotic flavours of the world Tuesday, starting Jan 28 - pick one or choose them all!
- Learn to Speak Spanish - Mondays starting January 13
- Why Waist Winter - Try it Week - Unlimited Fitness Jan 6-10 for $10
- And of course spin, yoga, zumba and more!
To register on line Click Here or register in person at Peachland Community Center. For more information on these and other programs, please view our Winter 2014 Recreation Guide or call 250.767.2133.
ACCESS TO RECREATION
Canadian Tire Jump Start Program
The Canadian Tire Jump Start program provides financially disadvantaged children in Canada with the opportunity to participate in sport and recreational activities.
Criterion to apply for the Jump Start program includes:
- To be eligible, children must be between the ages of 4 and 18;
- Funding preference is to pay for registration fees with consideration to fund equipment costs or transportation costs on a case by case basis;
- Sport or recreational activity must include physical activity;
- Funding should be for a sustained program that is either a minimum of five weeks duration with a minimum of one session per week or, in the case of sport camps, five consecutive days;
- Maximum of one activity per child, per allocation period;
- Funding goes to individuals, not to teams;
- Up to $200 per child can be issued per allocation period.
Please complete & return forms to the Community Centre.
Copyright © District of Peachland
All Rights Reserved | Site by Trinex Internet Solutions