***All classes are subject to cancellation due to insufficient registration, instructor availability, inclement weather or non-availability of facilities. Please call 250-767-2133 to avoid disappointment. Registration is now open for all Spring and Summer 2013 programs.
Spring & Summer 2013 Program Highlights
We have a variety of new and exciting programs and activities to help you spring into summer:
For Children & Youth
- Easter Egg Hunt - Friday, Mar 29
- Little Buddies Tea - Sat, Mar 23
- Learn to Mountain Bike - Wed/Fri Jul 3-5
- Baking 101 - Mon, April 15-May 6
- Explore Mountain Biking for Ladies - Mon, June 3-17
- Boot Camp - Tue, Apr 2-30
- And of course spin, yoga, zumba and more to help you with your 2013 New Years Resolutions!
To register on line click here or register in person at Peachland Community Center. For more information on these and other programs, please view our Winter 2013 Recreation Guide or call 250.767.2133.
ACCESS TO RECREATION
Canadian Tire Jump Start Program
The Canadian Tire Jump Start program provides financially disadvantaged children in Canada with the opportunity to participate in sport and recreational activities.
Criterion to apply for the Jump Start program includes:
- To be eligible, children must be between the ages of 4 and 18;
- Funding preference is to pay for registration fees with consideration to fund equipment costs or transportation costs on a case by case basis;
- Sport or recreational activity must include physical activity;
- Funding should be for a sustained program that is either a minimum of five weeks duration with a minimum of one session per week or, in the case of sport camps, five consecutive days;
- Maximum of one activity per child, per allocation period;
- Funding goes to individuals, not to teams;
- Up to $200 per child can be issued per allocation period.
Please complete & return forms to the Community Centre.
Copyright © District of Peachland
All Rights Reserved | Site by Trinex Internet Solutions