2013 Rattlesnake Island Swimmer Info #1
- The 3.1k paddlers should leave the shores of Peachland at approximately 6:15 am to arrive at the island in time for the 7:20 am start.
- The paddlers should head to the south end of Rattlesnake Island.
- The 3.1k swimmers will report to their assigned powerboats for attendance before 6:30 am, as the powerboats are scheduled to leave at 6:30 am.
- Please do not be late, nor change to a different boat.
- Start at approx 7:20 am from Rattlesnake Island.
- The 7k swimmers and paddlers leave the shores of Peachland at 7 am
- Paddlers stay to the right
- Swimmers and paddlers head to the south end side of Rattlesnake Island swim counter clockwise around the island to the northeast tip
- Swimmers and paddlers head back to the finish line at Swim Bay.
- The current in Okanagan Lake may be strong. Strategize your course to use the current as possible.
- GPS technology and wet suits are permitted.
- Your finish time will be recorded when you stand up and touch the railing. Paddlers should be prepared to call out race number.
For 3.1K swim and 7k swim
- Before Jun 1 - $60
- Jun 2 - Jul 1 - $70
- Jul 2-Aug 1 - $75
- Aug 2- Aug 9 - $65 (no Race jersey Available if registering after Aug 2, 2013)
- Add Extra Breakfast $ 5
- Paddler shirts $20
***No day of Race Registration for 3.1K Swim. Last day of registration is Aug. 9th.***
Day of Race Registration is permitted for the 7 k swim.
2013 Registration Form
Please take the time to review the Rattlesnake Island Swim waivers and medical release forms. Waivers to be signed the day of the race at the time of check in. Click here for a copy of 2013 Waiver
Call the Recreation Office at 250-767-2133, or contact 'mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org'>Race Coordinator.
Check out all of the 2011 Rattlesnake Island Swim pictures on Facebook at Peachland Recreation. Click Here