50+ ACTIVITY CENTER
The Peachland Fifty Plus Activity Centre (formerly called the Senior Citizens’ Activity Centre) is a municipally owned building operated by the Peachland & District Retirement Society. Built in 1976, it soon became too small and a large addition with a stage and new kitchen was added several years later The hall with its capacity of 235 people is a popular place for banquets, parties, teas and just about any kind of celebration.
Many activities take place here, the only requirement for joining is to be fifty years of age or older, and our members do range in age from 50 to 95! Physical exercise of the not too strenuous kind can be had by joining:
- the carpet bowlers,
- the Tai Chi class or the Iron & Silk class;
- if you really want to get moving, try the Aerobics or E-A-S-Y Core classes.
- Bridge or chess, quilting and wood carving are quieter pastimes held once a week,
- and of course Bingo can be quiet or noisy as you like it!
- If food or alcohol is causing you problems, AA and TOPS may be of some help.
- Peachland’s choir, The Variety Singers, meet Monday mornings and always welcomes new voices.
- There are also yoga classes 3x per week.
- Movies are shown twice a month during winter months.
Some of these activities continue year round, others stop for summer – call the office at 767-9133 weekday mornings for information.
- Potluck dinners with entertainment are held on the 4th Friday of each month except July, August & December,
- Robert Burns Night is Jan 23, 2015
- Pancake Breakfasts for the whole community are held 3 times a year, usually on holiday weekends. Pancake price for ages 5-12 is $3
New members welcome, membership dues are $20 annually and entitle you to attend any of the scheduled activities. Come join us! Email: CONTACT US
New Board for 2014-15 are: Carmine Confalone, Pat Grieve, Joyce Koldingnes, Beryl McNeill, Wilma Mackinnon, Sharon McPhee, Linda Norden, Pat Sell, and Carol White.