Your City HallCouncilDepartmentsOn-line ServicesBylaw EnforcementCustomer Service FeedbackEmployment Emergencies
- The District of Peachland will begin the spring street sweeping program starting the week of March 21st.
- Sweeping will begin in neighborhoods at lower elevations and will work upwards into higher elevations.
- Residents are reminded to help ensure sweeping is effective and efficient by keeping roadways clear of parked vehicles and any other obstructions.
- Residents are also asked to ensure their household recycling and waste loads are secure to help keep streets clear of debris.
- Sweeping is anticipated to take approximately 1-2 weeks to complete.
- The District of Peachland appreciates residents’ cooperation during the 2016 Street Sweeping Program.
- For more information, please contact the Operations Office at 250-767-2108
The following will provide some basic information on how the roads are cleaned by the District of Peachland during the Spring, Summer and Fall seasons. District street sweeping and flushing is provided by a contracted service through a tender process
Spring Street Sweeping priorities
Spring Street sweeping commences late February weather permitting. The Downtown core, main streets or "arterials" are completed first. Street sweeping priorities are based on the volumes of vehicle traffic on roadways where winter road sand may generate excessive dust.
Once all the snow and ice has melted from the road shoulders and curbs, the Spring Sweeping Program is started aggressively. The street sweeper contractor sweeps all areas of the District of Peachland as quickly as possible..
Equipment used to sweep streets
The street sweeper is mechanical pickup broom-type machine that uses two gutter brooms to direct the sweeping material into the path of the rear broom which sweeps the debris into the hopper. The machine sprays a fine mist of water ahead of the broom to suppress dust as it sweeps.
Prepare for the Spring Sweeping
Property owners are encouraged to sweep all debris that may be on the sidewalk that borders your property before the roads are swept by the street sweepers. Your cooperation in removing all vehicles from the street to enable the street sweepers to clean the entire street is greatly appreciated. By doing this we can avoid having those annoying missed spots in your neighborhood.