Garden & Secondary Suites

A building permit is required for:
  • Constructing a self-contained accessory dwelling within a home (secondary suite)
  • Constructing a self-contained dwelling inside an accessory building (garden suite)
  • *An annual suite licence is required.

    *An annual business licence may be required in addition to the suite licence, depending on the use of the suite.

    Please inquire with the Bylaw Enforcement and Licensing Officer for more information on licensing requirements.