Your City HallOnline ServicesBylaw EnforcementDepartmentsMayor and CouncilEmployment 2022 General ElectionEmergencies
Sometimes the project you have in mind doesn't need a building permit. Check the list below for things that can be completed without obtaining a building permit first.
Just because you don't need a building permit doesn't mean other permits may not be required. Be sure to check the Other Permits page for District of Peachland permits that may apply.
Projects that don't require a permit include:
- Minor renovations like painting, decorating, or installing new flooring
- Minor roof repairs like re-shingling (anything structural needs a building permit)
- Replacing existing plumbing fixtures
- Replacing windows and doors, provided they are the same size as the existing ones
- Installing fencing (except for around swimming pools). Check the Zoning Bylaw for regulations.
- Changes that DO NOT add or remove walls
- Changes that DO NOT add or remove plumbing fixtures
- Changes that DO NOT add or remove heating systems
- Exterior finish repair or replacement
- Accessory structures (i.e. garden shed) less than 10 square meters (108 square feet)
- Landscaping and sidewalks provided you are not in a development permit area (Check the Other Permits page)
- Constructing arbours and trellises
- Constructing decks less than 2 feet above ground
- Building landscape walls less than 1.22 meters (4.0 feet) in height
- Placing a temporary construction trailer for a project for which a building permit has already been issued.