Forms & PublicationsPublicationsForms and ApplicationsNewsCorporate Documents
Council Highlights May 1, 2023
Council Highlights - May 1, 2023 2023 Financial Plan and Tax Rates Bylaw Council gave first three readings to its 2023 Financial Plan and 2023 Tax Rates Bylaw 2394. The 2023 budget includes a tax rate increase of 5.12%. Some of the major General Fund capital projects identified in the 2023 Financial Plan include:
- $415,000 for a plow truck, sander attachment and snowmobile
- $150,000 for Fire Hall replacement pre-construction drawings.
- $550,000 for the Districtís Road Remediation program
- $300,000 for SCBA replacement for the Fire Department
- $920,000 for acquisition of property for the new Protective Services Building
- $249,300 for dock repairs and replacements, HVAC unit for the Community Centre and a portable stage for community events.
- $2,500,000 for Residuals Treatment Upgrade for the Water Treatment Plant
- $400,000 for water meter replacements
- $299,000 for Water Supply analysis and upgrades