UPDATE - January 22, 2024
Due to warming temperatures, the Peachland Outdoor Ice Rink is now closed to the public. Please stay off the rink surface to ensure it is ready for flooding if temperatures drop below zero again.
Outdoor Ice Rink Opens Tuesday
January 15, 2024
– One good thing has come from this lingering cold snap, Peachland’s Outdoor Ice Rink is opening Tuesday!
The rink is located in Mountain View Park, also known as the Peachland Riding Club, which is approximately five kilometres up Princeton Avenue, across from the Peachland Public Works Yard, 5379 Princeton Avenue. The rink is free to use for all ages and abilities.
The seasonal rink is dependent on temperatures consistently below zero degrees and is maintained by the volunteers of the Peachland Fire and Rescue Service. The rink, which permits 3-on-3 hockey, will be open daily from 7 am to 9 pm, when conditions allow. It is flooded each evening at 9 pm – PLEASE TIME YOUR SKATE ACCORDINGLY.
Sorry, no skate rentals available. Rental of the ice surface is not permitted.
To preserve the integrity of the park, users are asked to adhere to the closed and regulatory signage and to:
- Inspect the rink surface prior to use.
- Stay off the ice when daytime temperatures are above zero.
- Shovel off the ice after a game of hockey, this aids flooding of the ice.
- Be courteous and respectful to other users.
- BE SAFE AND HAVE FUN!
For more information, please contact 250-767-2647 or email@example.com