Your City HallCouncilDepartmentsOn-line ServicesBylaw EnforcementCustomer Service FeedbackEmployment Emergencies
Road and Dock Closures
The 8th Street Boat Launch has now reopened! Please boat with care, create no wake and cruise away from shorelines whenever possible.
Swim Bay is open
The T Boat Launch remains closed at this time
The T Boat parking lot is partially open
The Day Wharf remains closed at this time
Beach Avenue from 13th Street to Todd road is closed at this time, but crews are hoping to be able to partially reopen the road by the end of next week (July 7th)
Lake Avenue from 13th Street to 14th Street remains closed at this time.
July 31, 2017
- Boat Launches that are open: The "T", 8th Street, Todd's Campground Boat Launch and the Day Use Wharf.
- Swim Bay is open
- The blue dock between 2nd and 3rd street is open
- All other blue docks are closed for safety reasons. Please respect the CLOSED SIGNS.
July 11, 2017
- The Day Wharf has reopened
- Swim Bay and the 8th Street Boat Launch remain open
- Beach Avenue from 13th Street to Todd Road has reopened
- Lake Avenue has reopened
- T-Boat Launch and all other docks remain closed at this time.
July 4, 2017
- Okanagan Lake and Kalamalka Lake Levels continue to drop, however, lake levels are still 48 cm above full pool. Boaters are being asked to create no wake whenever possible. The following attached maps show particularly vulnerable areas of shoreline.
Boat Wake Map Overview of Okanagan Lake
Boat Wake Make - Central Okanagan
Boat Wake Map - North Okanagan
Boat Wake Map - South Okanagan
June 29, 2017
- The T Boat parking lot is now open
- The 8th Street Boat Launch has now reopened! Please boat with care, create no wake and cruise away from shorelines whenever possible.
June 27, 2017
- The Boil Water notice has now been rescinded
- The District of Peachland is preparing for Canada Day events to occur this coming Saturday, July 1, 2017. We hope to see you out at the festivities!
- The forestry crew and District staff are working to remove sandbags in some areas.
- Canada Day Fireworks are scheduled for 10:30 p.m. on Saturday July 1st, 2017.
Road and Dock Closures
June 21, 2017
- The District of Peachland continues to share a forestry crew with West Kelowna. This crew is adding sandbag armoring in vulnerable areas of the shoreline.
- District crews continue to monitor and maintain all shoreline protective measures.
- The Ministry of Transportation has informed the District of Peachland that it will be doing some armoring work on the shoreline in front of the T-Boat Launch Parking Lot. It is unclear when this will occur, but likely today or tonight.
- Road closures include Beach Avenue from 13th Street to Todd Road as well as a pipe crossing along Lake Avenue which does not allow for through traffic.
- The large volume pump at 13th Street/Lake Avenue has stopped working. District crews have replaced it with the pump from 3rd Street/Beach Avenue temporarily as localized road flooding was occurring when the pump was down. District crews will work to get the pumps up and running today. The catch basins that were being pumped using the pump on 3rd Street/Beach Avenue have not surcharged and will be manually pumped as required.
- The Boil Water Notice remains in effect.
Park and Beach Closures
- 8th Street Boat Launch closed
- All docks remain closed with the exception of Swim Bay
- Sections of Centennial Way
- T-Boat Launch (Hwy 97/Princeton Ave)