Bed and Breakfast
There are two (2) types of Bed & Breakfast businesses in Peachland: Traditional and Suite. A Municipal Business Licence is required to operate either one. See the definitions below to determine what type you are operating.
- Traditional Bed & Breakfast - a business operated from a dwelling providing one (1) or more room(s) with shared common areas (i.e. kitchen, living room, etc.), with our without meals provided, and with no guest staying more than thirty (30) days in a twelve (12) month period.
- Suite Bed & Breakfast - a business operated from a dwelling providing one (1) or more rooms(s) which consists of a self-contained sleeping, living, cooking, and sanitary facilities, as well as direct access to the exterior, without passing through any part of the principal dwelling, with or without meals provided, and with no guest staying more than thirty (30) days in a twelve (12) month period.
Bed & Breakfast General Requirements
1) Bed & Breakfast must be listed as an authorized use in the specific zone of the property.
- maintain records of all patrons, pursuant to the Hotel Guest Registration Act, to be provided upon request to a Peace Officer or the Licence Inspector,
- post a copy of the fire evacuation plan, showing the location of exits, fire extinguishers, and smoke detectors, in each guest room,
- provide one designated parking spot on the Premises per bedroom, to be used exclusively for patron vehicles, and clearly marked as such.
2) A Bed & Breakfast must be operated at the Licencee's principal residence.
3) An owner of a Bed & Breakfast must:
4) A Bed & Breakfast is not permitted on a lot that contains a secondary or garden suite.
5) An applicant must indicate the number of bedrooms to be rented, as well as whether meals are to be provided, when applying for a licence.
6) No more than four (4) bedrooms shall be used for the Bed & Breakfast.
6) No more than eight (8) patrons, including boarders and lodgers shall be accommodated at one time.
8) No bedroom shall include a kitchen.
10) No patrons shall stay for a period longer than thirty (30) days in a twelve (12) month period.