BusinessLicences & PermitsCannabisBid OpportunitiesEconomic DevelopmentBC PNP Entrepreneur ImmigrationChamber of Commerce
Anyone who starts, owns, or operates a business within the District of Peachland, or is relocating a business to the District, is required to obtain an annual Business Licence. A business is described as the carrying on of a commercial or industrial activity or undertaking of any kind or nature, or the providing of professional, personal, or other services for the purpose of gain or profit, including home-based businesses operated entirely within a residential dwelling or accessory building.
Additionally, non-profit organizations operating within the District are required to hold an annual business licence for the purposes of establishing requirements for fire and life safety inspections, though the annual fee is set at a nominal rate of $1 (section 4.8).
New Business Licence Bylaw
A new Business Licence Bylaw was adopted by Council and came into effect on September 9, 2020. If you are a business owner, are thinking of starting a new business, or purchasing an existing business, please take a few minutes to read through the Bylaw to understand the requirements for your specific type of business.
The District’s Bylaw Enforcement and Licensing Officer oversees the Business Licensing program. If you have any questions related to operating a business in Peachland, or on the licensing process, please contact Roy Biedrava at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (250) 767-2647.Key changes in the new Bylaw include:
- Business owners must notify the District prior to December 31st each year that they wish to renew their licence for the following calendar year. Business licences will no longer be automatically renewed or issued (section 4.23). Businesses operating in the District without a valid licence may be subject to Bylaw Enforcement action.
- An application fee is required to be submitted with an application for new businesses. If the application is approved, the licence fee will be waived for the first calendar year of operations (section 4.15 of the Business Licence Bylaw and Schedule 4 of the Development Application & Licence Fees Bylaw).
- Licences may be subject to Terms and Conditions which must be adhered to in order to maintain a valid licence to operate within the District (section 4.11).
Thank you for doing business in Peachland!
How To Apply
Download and complete the Application Form. Please ensure you provide all appropriate supporting documents with your application package. (Paper copies of the application are available at the Community Centre – 4450 6th Street).
Determine your Application Fee from the table below and include the fee when submitting your business licence application. The District accepts the following payment methods: cash, debit, cheque, or Interac e-transfer. To pay by Interact e-transfer please send your payment to email@example.com and make sure you include the following information in the message box:
- 1. What the payment is for (i.e. business licence application)
- 2. The name of your proposed business as indicated on your application form
- 3. Your full name as indicated on your application form
- 4. Your full address as indicated on your application form
Submit your application:
- 1. In person at the Community Centre - 4450 6th Street;
- 2. By email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- 3. By mail to:
Planning & Development Services
District of Peachland
5806 Beach Avenue
Be sure to inquire about the Inter-Municipal licence if you do business in other communities as well.
Business Licence Application Fees
|Standard business licence||$112|
|Seasonal business licence||$56.00|
|Suite licence (garden and secondary)||$56.00|
|Non-medicinal cannabis retail store||$5000.00|
|Cannabis cultivation or production (micro)||$2500.00|
|Cannabis cultivation or production (standard)||$5000.00|
| Cannabis cultivation or production on non-residential
lands under an ACMPR licence
| Itinerant show or entertainment including:
|Outdoor Vending – Council approval||$300.00|