Your City HallDepartmentsCouncilOnline ServicesBylaw EnforcementCustomer Service FeedbackEmployment Emergencies
CIVIC GRANTS APPLICATIONS
Local non-profit organizations which contribute to the quality of life in Peachland, and which would cease to function without assistance from the District of Peachland, are invited to apply for a Civic Grant.
The Civic Grants Policy outlines the following:
- The purpose of the civic grant program is to assist citizens in organizing themselves around community issues and projects.
- In the majority of cases, it is anticipated that financial assistance will only be granted for a limited time period, subject to annual review.
- Programs and services will be evaluated on the basis on need, appropriateness, and demonstrated effectiveness.
- All grants are for a period of one year and shall not exceed $1,000.
An application for a civic grant may be submitted by any organization which:
- Has been in operation no less than 6 months in the District of Peachland
- Is based in this community
- Has membership from within the District of Peachland or surrounding areas
- Has the majority of its members as voting members
- Is in good standing with its licensing authority
- Has made, at a minimum, an application to the Central Okanagan Foundation, and has received a written response from the COF, or any other granting organization.
Applications must be submitted to the Director of Corporate Services by the 15th of November - 16th of November for the 2021 Grants. Sports teams and individuals qualified for Provincial competition(s), pursuant to Article 7 of the Policy, will be eligible for assistance past this deadline. A staff report will address each application as to whether it complies with the application requirements. The applications and staff report will be brought to budget deliberations at a Committee of the Whole meeting, or to a Regular Council Meeting, no later than December 15th. Qualified applications will be brought to Open Council for decision of grant approval for incorporation in the Financial Plan Bylaw. A civic grant will be granted after an affirmative vote of Council.
Payments of civic grants will be made the later of July 15th or the date of requisition by the grantee who is required to submit a requisition for payment.
All applications must be submitted on the form prescribed by the District of Peachland. The applications may be dropped off at the Peachland Community Centre located at 4450-6th Street, or emailed to Coporate Services.
Applicants may be required to appear before Council to answer questions with respect to program services, finances or other issues.
Conditions of Issuance of Civic Grants:
All civic grants will be governed by the following guidelines:
- 1. Grant applications shall not be granted in the year requested and shall be held over for budget deliberation in the following year.
2. The maximum civic grant shall not exceed $1,000.00 in a year.
3. No consideration shall be given to requests submitted by non-District of Peachland community organizations unless its membership includes District of Peachland residents.
4. An accounting of the disposition of the civic grant must be provided within three months of the end of the fiscal year in which the grant is received.
5. Should no accounting of funds be received, no further civic grants will be granted or paid to the grantee.
6. The following organizations are or will be subject to a fee for service, leasing or other agreement with the District of Peachland. These organizations must follow the civic grant application process, but not be subject to the dollar amount limit:
- • Peachland Ambassadorial Committee
• Peachland Historical Society
• Peachland Community Police
• Peachland Citizens’ Patrol
• Peachland Wellness Centre
• Peachland Fall Fair
• Peachland Community Arts Council
• Peachland and District Retirement Society