Your City HallCouncilDepartmentsOnline ServicesBylaw EnforcementCustomer Service FeedbackEmployment Emergencies
The District of Peachland does not have a landfill site.
- Located on Glenmore Drive, 8 km north of Hwy 97
- Open daily from 7:30 AM - 4:45 PM
- Closed December 25, December 26 and January 1
- This is the only active landfill for the Central Okanagan
Westside Transfer Station
- Located on Asquith Road, off Shannon Lake Road
- Open Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM. Gate CLOSES at 3:50 PM.
- Closed Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
- 250.768.7110 (recording only)
- 250.469.6250 (Waste Reduction Office, Monday to Friday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM)
- Access for dropping recyclables and unwanted items for re-use by the Big Brothers/Big Sisters
- Closed December 25 and January 1
Residents may drop off excess residential garbage, yard and construction wood waste and white goods and metals. Garbage will no longer be buried at the landfill. Instead, it along with all the other materials collected will be transported off the site for processing.
The Regional District's consultant is finalizing the extensive details of a Final Closure Plan for the Westside Transfer Station. It will outline ongoing environmental monitoring and responsibilities for the next 25 years. It will also detail capping, site topography, drainage and landscaping. Once received it will be presented to the Regional Board for consideration and then will be submitted to the Ministry of Environment for approval.
Almost two-thirds of those answering a recent questionnaire supported consideration of developing a park on the Transfer Station in the future.