Forms & PublicationsPublicationsForms and ApplicationsNewsCorporate Documents
March 17, 2020 - COVID 19
For Immediate Release: March 17, 2020
The District continues to monitor the recommendations made by the BC Provincial Health Officer and the Health Minister aimed at further reducing the spread COVID-19. The District is committed to keeping you informed about changes affecting District operations and updates regarding the COVID-19 pandemic.
The District will post a daily Facility Briefing on the District website. This briefing will include a list of municipal buildings and the service level currently provided. We will also include other updates and critical links to important COVID-19 information. Information will be posted daily to www.peachland.ca/covid-19-information.
Currently, the District’s Exposure Control Plan includes:
- Public is asked to perform business electronically or by appointment only:
- General Inquiries (250) 767-2647 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public Works/Parks (250) 767-2108 email@example.com
- Fire Department (250) 767-2841 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Planning/Development (250) 767-3707 email@example.com
- Recreation/Facilities (250) 767-2133 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Single point of entry at Municipal Office. The entrances at the Planning and Fire Departments will be closed
- Single point of entry at the Community Centre with the back entrance being closed.
- Increasing facility surface disinfection frequency to every 2 hours
- Requiring participants and staff who have travelled, have been exposed to illness or who are sick to stay at home.
- Cancelling unnecessary meetings and asking the public to view webcasting of Council meetings.
- Asking participants to clean equipment prior to and after use and to wash their hands regularly.
Currently, the Community Centre is open. We recognize that social connectivity and fitness is important and select programs and activities below the 50-person threshold will continue unless otherwise directed by the Health Authorities. However, the District has made the decision to close the Fitness Room at the Community Centre effective March 18, 2020. This decision will be re-assessed on April 3rd.
As an important first step, residents should observe the same precautions used when avoiding contact with regular cold or flu viruses. This includes:
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Cover mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow
- Stay home if you are sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily
Anyone who suspects they may have symptoms of COVID-19 should use the self-assessment tool at https://covid19.thrive.health. Alternatively, call 8-1-1 for an assessment. The Public Health Agency of Canada has created a toll-free phone number (1-833-784-4397) to answer questions from Canadians about COVID-19.
Please be advised that on all matters concerning public health, the District of Peachland is guided by expertise and direction given by local, provincial and federal health authorities. We appreciate your patience and consideration during this pandemic.
For up to date District of Peachland information visit: www.peachland.ca/covid-19-information
For more detailed information and updates, please visit the following websites: