March 18, 2020 - COVID 19
For Immediate Release: March 18, 2020
The District of Peachland has made the decision to close all District of Peachland facilities to the public and suspend all Recreation Services effective March 19, 2020.
The District continues to monitor the recommendations made by the BC Provincial Health Officer and the Health Minister aimed at further reducing the spread COVID-19. The District is committed to keeping you informed about changes affecting District operations and updates regarding the COVID-19 pandemic.
The District’s Exposure Control Plan has been updated and includes:
- The public is asked to perform business electronically or by appointment only:
- General Inquiries (250) 767-2647 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public Works/Parks (250) 767-2108 email@example.com
- Fire Department (250) 767-2841 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Planning/Development (250) 767-3707 email@example.com
- Recreation/Facilities (250) 767-2133 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellation of the Committee of the Whole meeting (COTW) – March 24 and other non-urgent meetings
- Asking the public to view webcasting of the Council meeting scheduled for March 24.
Recreation programs and rentals will be refunded with credits to accounts for use when services re-open. Fitness Room passes have been suspended and will be reactivated with the additional time when the fitness room opens. If customers prefer, staff can also process credit card or cheque refunds. Customers requesting a credit card or cheque refund are requested to email email@example.com. As we have a high volume of transactions and a reduction of on site staff, we ask your patience in this process.
For up to date District of Peachland information visit:
For more detailed information and updates, please visit the following websites: