Your City HallOnline ServicesDepartmentsCouncilBylaw EnforcementEmployment Customer Service FeedbackEmergencies
Outdoor Fitness Trail
Outdoor Fitness TrailLocation: In Lambly Park, Highway 97 & San Clemente Avenue, across from the Peachland mall
The fitness trail on Haroldsí Walkway in Lambly Park is an easy way to add more energy to your walk or run. Designed to help seniors stay active, itís also a great workout for people of all ages. Simply stop at each station and follow the instructions for simple exercises you can do to improve your overall health, energy and fitness. With 11 pieces of fitness equipment, you can get a full-body workout at your own pace. The equipment focuses on a variety of muscle groups so you can vary your workout. Do a little or do a lot!
Download a copy of our handy Fitness Trail Map to help plan your workouts.
The Benefits of Using Peachlandís Outdoor Fitness Trail
- Feel Good: There is a feeling of vitality and euphoria experienced during and after a good workout. Exercise helps elevate your mood and keep stress and depression at bay.
- Increased Flexibility: Stretching improves your range of motion and motor skills, helping to decrease the risk of injury.
- More Energy: When you improve your flexibility, strength and stamina, itís easier to accomplish everyday tasks like carrying groceries and climbing stairs.
- Look Good: Improved energy shows in your posture, attitude and enthusiasm.
- Better Sleep: Regular physical activity can help you fall asleep faster and deepen your sleep.
- Just Being Outdoors: The outdoor fitness trail is a great way to enjoy the sun and fresh air. Itís invigorating, gives you a chance to unwind and helps you connect with family or friends in a fun social setting.
About Our Outdoor Fitness TrailThe District of Peachland, with support from the Government of Canadaís New Horizons for Seniorsí Program, the Peachland Rotary Club and the Peachland Lions Club installed the outdoor fitness trail on Haroldsí Walkway in Lambly Park in October 2013.
The outdoor fitness trail is designed to help seniors stay active. Although the equipment is geared towards seniors, it is also suitable for all ages. Equipment includes two rowing machines, shoulder rotating machine, double hip flexor, balance beam, chest press, swing board, chin up station, leg press and parallel bars.
Spring 2015, students from the UBCO Kinesiology Department conducted a survey on the outdoor fitness equipment and program in Lambly Park. Click here to read the report.