Your City HallOnline ServicesDepartmentsMayor and CouncilBylaw EnforcementEmployment 2022 General ElectionCustomer Service FeedbackEmergencies
Polar Bear Run
2023 Polar Bear RunRegistration opens Aug 18, 2022
Challenge your 2023 resolution to be active. Walk or run 2 km or 5 km through scenic Peachland.
Sunday, Jan 1st
Check-in 9:30-10:15 am at the Community Centre, 4450 6th Street. The race starts at 10:30 am.
$20 Adult / $10 Child. Discounts for advanced registration online only at www.peachland.ca. Race day registration accepted (cash only).
All participants 19 years old or older must complete a race waiver prior to entering the event. Any participant under 19 years old must have an informed consent form completed for them by their parent or legal guardian. Print out and bring your filled in forms to the event using the following links. We will also have paper copies of each form available at race check in.
ADULT - Waiver Polar Bear Run
INFORMED CONSENT - CHILD/YOUTH (under 19 years)
CHILD - Informed Consent Polar Bear Run
2022 2k VOLUNTEERS ARE WELCOME!
We welcome community support for this event by signing up to be a volunteer. If you are interested in helping us with this event, please click here for details
RACE MAP AND COURSE DETAILS - 2.2km
Click here for a .pdf version of the 2.2km race map.COURSE DETAILS - 2.2km
- Line up at the 6th street Crosswalk, heading towards Bliss. Race to start at 10:30 am
- Proceed on the Beach Avenue Walkway for 1.1 km
- Watch for the turn around sign at the 13th Street Crosswalk (across from Bliss Bakery)
- Turn back towards 6th Street. Stay on the Beach Avenue Walkway: do not cross the street
- Proceed on Walkway, back towards finish line. Stay to the right to give room for runners/walkers still on the first leg of the course
- Continue across the finish line at 6th St crosswalk
RACE MAP AND COURSE DETAILS - 5km
Click here for a .pdf version of the 5km race map.COURSE DETAILS - 5km
- Line up at the 6th street Crosswalk, heading towards Heritage Park. Race to start at 10:30 am
- Proceed on the Beach Avenue Walkway for 0.6 km
- Watch for the 5K turn around sign in Heritage Park (Near the archway)
- Turn around and proceed along walkway towards 13th St (Bliss Bakery) for 1.7 km.
- Continue onto the lake side shoulder of Beach Avenue for 0.4 km then turn left at 14th St. Watch for traffic.
- Take the first right onto Lake Ave.
- Continue around the loop (left-hand semi-circle) onto San Clemente.
- Turn left on 14th St.
- Turn right onto Beach Ave. Cross back to walkway when safe.
- Proceed on Beach Ave Walkway for 1.4 km back to finish line at 6th St crosswalk.