Your City HallOnline ServicesDepartmentsMayor and CouncilBylaw EnforcementEmployment 2022 General ElectionCustomer Service FeedbackEmergencies
FireSmart Rebate Program
FIRESMART REBATE PROGRAM
FireSmart Rebate Program – Earn $500 for FireSmarting your Property
What is needed to Qualify
- Have a FireSmart home assessment conducted by one of our Local FireSmart Representatives (LFR). The LFR can answer any questions you may have, and provide you with a list of recommendations specifically for your property.
- Carry out one or more of the recommendations and take before and after photos to show your progress.
- Fill out the rebate form provided by the LFR, along with any receipts for supplies, a record of your hours, and progress photos, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligible FireSmart Activities Ideas
- Clean all combustible debris from your roof and gutters
- Prune low tree branches to create a two-meter clearance from the ground
- Clean underneath your deck to remove all combustible material
- Install non-combustible 3 millimeter screens to external vents (except dryer vents)
- Clean up brush piles, fallen branches
Your supplies and labour (approximately $29/hour) for each activity are eligible. Rebates are limited to 50% of the total cost, to a maximum of $500. A limited number of rebates are available.
To schedule your free assessment, please email email@example.com. Assessments can be scheduled ahead of time, and home visits are expected to be done between May to September.
Did you know that Peachland’s FireSmart community representative can conduct an on-site assessment of your home – for free? They will inspect your home and create a report with steps you can take.
To contact the Fire Department to arrange your assessment please email:
For more great FireSmart information check out their website FireSmart BC