Your City HallOnline ServicesDepartmentsCouncilBylaw EnforcementCustomer Service FeedbackEmployment Emergencies
Canadian Tire Jump Start Program
The Canadian Tire Jump Start program provides financially disadvantaged children in Canada with the opportunity to participate in sport and recreational activities.
Criterion to apply for the Jump Start program includes:
- To be eligible, children must be between the ages of 4 and 18;
- Funding preference is to pay for registration fees with consideration to fund equipment costs or transportation costs on a case by case basis;
- Sport or recreational activity must include physical activity;
- Funding should be for a sustained program that is either a minimum of five weeks duration with a minimum of one session per week or, in the case of sport camps, five consecutive days;
- Funding goes to individuals, not to teams;
- Up to $600 per child can be issued per year.
For more information, click here to visit the Jumpstart website.
Applications for the funding are processed on-line only.