Your City HallOnline ServicesDepartmentsMayor and CouncilBylaw EnforcementEmployment 2022 General ElectionEmergencies
Subsidies, Transfers and Refunds
Canadian Tire Jump Start Program
The Canadian Tire Jump Start program provides financially disadvantaged children in Canada with the opportunity to participate in sport and recreational activities.
Criterion to apply for the Jump Start program includes:
- To be eligible, children must be between the ages of 4 and 18;
- Funding preference is to pay for registration fees with consideration to fund equipment costs or transportation costs on a case by case basis;
- Sport or recreational activity must include physical activity;
- Funding should be for a sustained program that is either a minimum of five weeks duration with a minimum of one session per week or, in the case of sport camps, five consecutive days;
- Funding goes to individuals, not to teams;
- Up to $600 per child can be issued per year.
For more information, click here to visit the Jumpstart website.
Applications for the funding are processed on-line only.
Recreation Program Transfers, Refunds and HoldsProgram Refunds Refunds are as per the Community Recreation Policy (FIN-035). Refunds are prorated and include an administration fee (20%) unless the request is accompanied by a medical statement. Prorated refunds are based on the date requested or as identified on the medical statement. Program Transfers
- Program to program transfers are prorated (if applicable). No administration fee is charged.
- Programs are not transferable to another patron.
- Program to punch card transfers are prorated (if applicable). No administration fee is charged if the remaining value of a program is transferred to a punch card.
- Punch cards are transferable to another patron and can be shared.
- No administration fee is charged if the remaining value of a punch card is transferred to a program.
- Refunds are prorated based on the number of days remaining in the membership, not the number of days the client has used.
- An administrative fee of 20% of the original membership will be deducted from the prorated refund unless accompanied by a medical statement.
- Fitness room enrollments are non-transferable.
- During the term of a 1 month, 3 month or 6 month membership, one (1) hold per purchase will be permitted.
- During the term of a 12 month membership, two (2) holds will be permitted.
- Minimum timeframe – 1 week.
- Maximum timeframe – 3 consecutive months.
- Hold application forms must be submitted 48 hours in advance of the requested timeframe.
- No backdating of holds (except with a medical statement).