Your City HallDepartmentsCouncilOnline ServicesBylaw EnforcementCustomer Service FeedbackEmployment Emergencies
ACCESS TO RECREATION
Canadian Tire Jump Start Program
The Canadian Tire Jump Start program provides financially disadvantaged children in Canada with the opportunity to participate in sport and recreational activities.
Criterion to apply for the Jump Start program includes:
- To be eligible, children must be between the ages of 4 and 18;
- Funding preference is to pay for registration fees with consideration to fund equipment costs or transportation costs on a case by case basis;
- Sport or recreational activity must include physical activity;
- Funding should be for a sustained program that is either a minimum of five weeks duration with a minimum of one session per week or, in the case of sport camps, five consecutive days;
- Funding goes to individuals, not to teams;
- Up to $400 per child can be issued per year.
For more information, visit the Jumpstart website.
Parents/guardians must complete the Jumpstart application form and sign the terms & conditions to apply for funding.
Click here to access the forms. Please complete & return forms to the Community Centre.