Your City HallOnline ServicesDepartmentsMayor and CouncilBylaw EnforcementEmployment 2022 General ElectionCustomer Service FeedbackEmergencies
NOV 8, 2021 - UPDATE
Trepanier Bench Road will be closed for paving between Desert Pines and Huston on Wednesday Nov 10th, 2021. There will be single lane alternating traffic until 9am and then closed for paving 9am-5pm
Oct 25, 2021 - UPDATE
The final tie-in on Trepanier Bench as been completed and the contractor will complete the remainder of the pipe-work tie-ins on Ponderosa during this coming week.
- Paving is scheduled to be completed during the week of November 1-5, 2021.
- Commissioning and initial operation will occur during the week of November 8-12, 2021.
If all goes as planned, the Trepanier system should start receiving water from the Water Treatment Plant by mid-November, 2021.
Oct 14, 2021 - UPDATE
To facilitate the final tie-in of the Trepanier Interconnect water main (and other associated works), Trepanier Bench Road will be closed between Desert Pines Ave and Huston Road during the week of October 18th - Oct 22nd. Detours around the area will be available through Desert Pines Ave and Huston Road but please respect your neighbours and keep your speed to a minimum as you pass through. The District apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you in advance for your patience. If you have any questions, please contact the Public Works Office at (250) 767-2108.
Sept 2021 - UPDATE
- The majority of the works required for the Trepanier Interconnect have been successfully installed. The contractor recently completed pressure testing of the mainline and is now moving into the flushing, disinfection and bacteriological testing phase. Once this portion of the project is completed, the final connections can be made on Trepanier Bench Rd; allowing for the final lift of pavement to be installed. The paving is anticipated to be completed by late October / early November.
After the final connection is completed, commissioning will ensue; the final step to providing the Trepanier area with water sourced from the new Water Treatment Plant.
January 2021 - Drone Footage of Trepanier Interconnect - Steep Slope work
- The above is a promotional video made by Hall Constructors focussing around the steep slope works to install the Trepanier Interconnect piping. Fairly common work in the forestry industry but not so much for work around Peachland!
March 9, 2018.
- The District of Peachland has been awarded a grant of $4.9 million, for the construction of the Trepanier Creek Water System Interconnect project, from the Federal Gas Tax Fund.
The Trepanier Creek Water System Interconnect is an integral component of the Water Treatment Facility project which is getting underway this year. In an effort to extend treated water to all the communityís water users, an interconnect between the Peachland Creek water system and Trepanier Creek water system is required. This project is a key element of the District of Peachlandís Water Master Plan, and will ensure the provision of clean, treated water that meets or exceeds Provincial Drinking Water Objectives.
- The Trepanier Interconnect Project will connect the Peachland Creek and Trepanier Creek water systems. The project consists of approximately 2.5 km of water main. Trepanier Interconnect Project Notes will help answer some frequently asked questions.
Trepanier Interconnect Environmental Assessment was completed in April of 2020. The report is based on desktop research as well as field reconnaissance.