Your City HallCouncilDepartmentsOn-line ServicesBylaw EnforcementCustomer Service FeedbackEmployment Emergencies
- Sewer User Regulations Bylaw 1486
- Local Government Act
- Section 939 of the Local Government Act regarding Latecomer Payments
- Sample Sewer Hookup Letter and Instructions.
- Sample Sewer Connection
- Maintaining your Wastewater System
- Latecomer fee (if any) must be paid prior to or at the time of Sewer Inspection Permit being issued.
- Inspection Permit must be shown to inspector at time of inspection.
- Sewer Installer must have a Peachland business licence.
- Sewer installer/contractor must follow WCB Regulations regarding depth of hole and shoring requirements etc. (Sewer Inspector will not enter an unsafe work site.)
- Sewer installer is expected to know how to calculate distance, depth, levels, fall requirements, compaction, turns, and connections in order to complete a successful installation.
- Sewer Installer must be prepared to book appointment 48 hrs in advance. Appointments are booked Monday through Friday morning.
- Sewer Installer must be prepared to pump the tank at time of inspection.
- Sewer Installer must be ready for inspection at the appointed time. If not, the inspection does not proceed and the sewer installer must book another appointment (48 hrs later) and re-apply for another permit ($150 fee)
- Sewer Installer/contractor must have own plug for testing purposes. Plugs are available at Andrew Sheret or Corix.
- Inspector will request permit at time of inspection
- Inspector will arrive for inspection at the pre-booked time.
- Inspector will not enter an unsafe worksite.