Your City HallOnline ServicesDepartmentsMayor and CouncilBylaw EnforcementEmployment 2022 General ElectionEmergencies
- Local Government Act
- Section 939 of the Local Government Act regarding Latecomer Payments
- Sample Sewer Hookup Letter
- Sample Sewer Connection
- What Not To Flush
- Latecomer fee (if any) must be paid prior to or at the time of Sewer Inspection Permit being issued.
- Inspection Permit (obtained from Building Inspector) must be shown to inspector at time of inspection.
- Sewer Installer must have a Peachland business licence.
- Sewer installer/contractor must follow WCB Regulations regarding depth of hole and shoring requirements etc. (Sewer Inspector will not enter an unsafe work site.)
- Sewer installer is expected to know how to calculate distance, depth, levels, fall requirements, compaction, turns, and connections in order to complete a successful installation.
- Sewer Installer must be prepared to book appointment 48 hrs in advance. Appointments are booked Monday through Friday morning.
- Sewer Installer must be prepared to pump the tank at time of inspection.
- Sewer Installer must be ready for inspection at the appointed time. If not, the inspection does not proceed and the sewer installer must book another appointment (48 hrs later) and re-apply for another permit ($150 fee)
- Sewer Installer/contractor must have own plug for testing purposes. Plugs are available at Andrew Sheret or Corix.
- Inspector will request permit at time of inspection.
- Inspector will arrive for inspection at the pre-booked time.
- Inspector will not enter an unsafe worksite.
ANNUAL SEWER FLUSHING
Sewer Flushing is an annual procedure undertaken by the Regional District and is a preventative maintenance program that prevents sewer blockages and backups. This work will not affect the majority of residents but due to the nature of the operations there is a small possibility of spills, noise and odors resulting from the process. To minimize issues, please ensure your toilet lid remains closed when not in use. If odors are experienced after the truck is in your neighbourhood, flush your toilets and run your taps to refill the p-traps within your system. It is the P-trap that prevents odours.
The procedure begins at the top of the current sewer system, around Whinton Crescent, and moves down to Beach Avenue. If you have any questions or concerns please contact the Public Works Office at 250-767-2108 or e-mail the Operations Department