Your City HallDepartmentsCouncilOnline ServicesBylaw EnforcementCustomer Service FeedbackEmployment Emergencies
As Dr. Henry has advised that mass gatherings will not be permitted during the COVID-19 crisis, Peachland will be celebrating Canada Day 2020 at home.
CELEBRATE AT HOME - CANADA DAY 2020
Celebrate Canada Day by pushing your limits with a virtual race. Peachland Recreation has teamed up with the Epic Canadian to offer a fun opportunity to challenge yourself and support great Canadian charities. Connect across communities, across the province, and across the entire country for Canada's 153rd birthday - even if we can't all be in the same space at one time! Click here for more information.
The need for blood is constant. Donated blood lasts no longer than 42 days. Platelets, a component of blood, have a shelf life of only seven days. Current evidence indicates COVID-19 is not transmitted by blood or blood products. If you are in good overall health and meet our eligibility criteria, please book and keep your appointment to give blood.
At this time, we can only welcome people with appointments. This is in compliance with public health authorities’ requests to practice healthy physical distancing. Book your appointment at blood.ca, on the GiveBlood app, or by calling 1.888.2.DONATE.
- Paper Maple Leaf – paper (red, or do white and colour), scissors, glue
- Maple Leaf Rubbings Art– Red or white paper, maple leaves, red or white crayon with paper removed
- Fireworks Rings – Red and silver tinsel pipe cleaners (3 per ring), scissors
- Canada Day Colouring – Printer, paper, colouring supplies
- Canada Day Fan – Printer, paper, colouring supplies, scissors, craft stick/popsicle stick
- Fireworks in a Jar – Clear plastic bottle, vinegar, baking soda, cooking oil, food colouring, water, ice cube tray
- Map of Canada Puzzle – Free Canada map printable puzzle with provinces and territories, scrap cardboard, glue, scissors, craft knife, push-pins, tape
- Ribbon Wands – A stick, red and white ribbon, double-sided tape, scissors
- Easy Snack Idea: Canada Day Moose – 2 slices of whole wheat bread, toasted, 2 tbsp of peanut butter, 1 red apple, 1 mini marshmallow, 4 black currants, kitchen knife, mini maple leaf cookie cutter
- Inukshuk Treats – fruits, vegetables, proteins, sweets, chocolates, regular toothpicks, Canadian flag cocktail toothpicks
Hunt for natural items along your favourite hiking trail and put your outdoor skills to the test with the Great Outdoors Scavenger Hunt.
Need help selecting a trail near you? Click here!
BEAT THE HEAT AT SWIM BAY
Join the Swim Bay lifeguards for free freezies and enjoy some fun in the sun!
PEACHLAND ARTS COUNCIL PRESENTS: BIANCA BERKLAND
Enjoy a night of jazz and soul from the comfort of your own home. Presented by the Peachland Community Arts Council.