Your City HallOnline ServicesBylaw EnforcementDepartmentsMayor and CouncilEmployment 2022 General ElectionEmergencies
Civic Awards - Spirit of Peachland
SPIRIT OF PEACHLAND CIVIC AWARDS - RECOGNIZING EXCELLENCE
Each year, outstanding residents are recognized for their service through the “Spirit of Peachland Civic Awards”.
Nominations for 2023 will open in February 2024 for the following awards recognizing achievements or actions from 2023:
- Peachland Excellence Awards: A Peachland resident, youth and/or group who gave significant service or had a significant achievement in a specific category during the past year. Categories include but are not restricted to: Arts, Culture, Sports, Recreation, Heritage, Environment & Conservation, Community Inclusion or Accessibility, Volunteerism, Leadership, Health Promotion, and Community Spirit. Other categories can be created by the nominee but will be judged by the committee as to their merit.
- Unsung Hero: An individual whose everyday actions and quiet efforts have made a significant impact on the lives of others.
- Lifetime Service: Peachland resident or group, in recognition of a minimum of 15 years dedicated service to the community.
- Youth Citizen of the Year: A School age youth who demonstrates outstanding leadership or makes significant contributions to youth and/or the community.
- Citizen of the Year: A Peachland resident making the greatest contribution to the improvement of the community.
How To Nominate
- Nominations for the 2023 Civic Awards will be accepted beginning February 2024.
- Write a nomination letter providing details to support the nomination (i.e.: Consider the individuals role or contribution; their talents or unique gifts; and/or their impact in the community or on a special population)
- Provide 1-3 letters of support
- Total package not to exceed 8 pages (8.5x11 paper format)
- Completed packages can be returned:
-by email to Info@peachland.ca
-to the District Office (5806 Beach Avenue)
-to the Community Centre (4450 6th Street)
OTHER MUNICIPAL AWARDS
Upon request, the following municipal awards are also presented at the Civic Awards Ceremony:
- Wedding Anniversary: Awarded upon request, to Peachland Residents celebrating their 50, 60 or 70th Wedding Anniversary.
- Freedom of the Municipality: Granted upon request to Peachland Residents who have reached their 100th birthday or to residents who have lived in Peachland for more than 75 years.
Submit the person(s) name, address, phone number to:
-the District Office (5806 Beach Avenue) or the Community Centre (4450 6th Street)
-email the Info@peachland.ca
MAYOR & COUNCIL AWARDS
The following awards are selected by Mayor and Council
- Councillors Award of Merit
Any person or group, local or otherwise, making a significant contribution to our community, as decided by the District Councillors.
- Mayors Award of Merit
Any person or group, local or otherwise, making a significant contribution to our community, as decided by the Mayor.