Your City HallDepartmentsCouncilOnline ServicesBylaw EnforcementCustomer Service FeedbackEmployment Emergencies
An explanation of the services provided; a Guide to Responsible Dog Ownership in the Regional District; Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs); Licensing requirements; How to make a complaint or Report a lost or found dog and links to many other resources can be accessed at that website.
How do I report a problem dog in my neighborhood?
- Call the Regional District Dog Control at 250.469.6284 7 days a week
- If you wish to make a complaint about a dog in your neighbourhood you may contact the Regional District of Central Okanagan Office from 9 am to 5 pm at 250-469-6284 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The emergency contact number is 250-979-0925.
- or check out the information on the Regional District website.
- Come to the Municipal Office at 5806 Beach Avenue and fill out the Dog Licensing Registration Form.
- If your dog has been spayed or neutered bring proof.
- Up-to-date information regarding licensing is always accessible Here.
- The Municipal Office has copies of this Bylaw available free of charge or follow this link: Responsible Dog Ownership This Bylaw explains all aspects of dog ownership.
OFF LEASH DOG BEACH
The "T" Boat Launch/Doggy Beach (Princeton/Hwy 97 - past boat launch) - fenced beach area. Doggy Beach at Boat Launch
ON LEASH DOG BEACHES
Dogs on leash are welcome on any beach that is not a designated swim beach. See prohibited Swim Beaches below.
- Parks with playgrounds – including but not limited to Turner Properties, Heritage Park, Knoblauch Park, Morrison Park and Chevallier Park;
- Sports fields – including but not limited to Cousins Park;
- Designated swim areas (as defined in the Official Community Plan and as delineated by in the water by Swim Buoys and the sidewalk. Where no sidewalk exist, the beach area begins 1 metre from the paved road).
- Swim Bay – 5736 Beach Ave-North Tip of Yacht Club
- 3936-3976 Beach Ave
- 4164-4372 Beach Ave